Driving next to large commercial trucks on the roadway can be intimidating. These vehicles can weigh tens of thousands of pounds and cause serious damage in the event an accident occurs. If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident caused by a truck driver or trucking company, you will be in dealing with the truck company’s insurance carrier. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, our Pittsburgh truck crash lawyers want to discuss whether you should trust the insurance company in these cases.
DO YOU TRUST THE TRUCK DRIVER’S INSURANCE COMPANY?
After an accident involving a commercial truck, there will be a confusing period of time in which many things will be happening at once. Not only will you have to deal with ensuring you receive medical care for your injuries, but you also have to report the incident to your insurance carrier.
However, soon after an accident occurs you will also be contacted by the truck company’s insurance carrier. This is where you need to be cautious. At this point, you should already have spoken to and secured a skilled Pittsburgh truck accident lawyer who will handle all communication on your behalf.
The truck company’s insurance carrier is not your friend. In fact, they will be actively working to minimize any settlement did they pay out on your behalf. Even if the truck driver or trucking company was at fault for the accident that caused your injuries, you should not trust their insurance carrier. Insurance companies are trying to make a profit, not look out for your best interests.
HOW WILL YOUR ATTORNEY HELP?
Your attorney will understand every tactic that could be used by the truck company’s insurance carrier to reduce your settlement. A skilled truck accident lawyer at Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman will:
- Obtain all evidence related to your case, including photo and video surveillance, eyewitness statements, police reports, and more.
- Work through the courts to secure all safety and maintenance logs kept by the truck company, as well as hours of service documents for the truck driver.
- Secure your medical records and have them evaluated by a trusted healthcare professional.
- Negotiate with all parties involved in order to secure a settlement that covers all of your accident-related expenses.
IT IS TIME TO GET HELP WITH YOUR CASE
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a serious truck accident, you may be entitled to significant compensation. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, our qualified and experienced team is going to thoroughly investigate your case and handle all communication with the insurance companies. Our goal is to secure the following:
- Coverage of medical expenses related to the truck crash
- Lost income and benefits if you are unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent truck driver or company