Earning a commercial driver’s license (CDL) requires demonstrating an ability to operate large commercial vehicles safely. Unfortunately, CDL accidents resulting from negligence can and do happen in Pennsylvania.
You may be eligible to receive compensation if you’ve been injured in such an accident. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, a Beaver County CDL accident attorney is on hand to provide the representation you deserve in these circumstances.
Common Causes of Beaver County CDL Accidents
There are a number of factors that can contribute to CDL accidents in Beaver County, Pennsylvania. Some common causes of CDL accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents for all drivers, and
it can be particularly dangerous for CDL holders who are operating large vehicles.
Distractions can include things like texting, eating, or using a GPS device while driving.
- Fatigue: CDL drivers often work long hours, and fatigue can be a major factor in
accidents. Drivers who are tired are more likely to make mistakes and less able to react
to unexpected situations on the road.
- Alcohol and drug use: CDL drivers are held to stricter standards when it comes to
alcohol and drug use while driving. Even small amounts of alcohol or drugs can impair a
driver's judgment and reaction times, leading to accidents.
Inclement weather: Bad weather, such as rain, snow, and ice, can make driving more
difficult and increase the risk of accidents. CDL drivers must be extra cautious when
driving in adverse weather conditions.
- Unfamiliar roads: CDL drivers may be required to drive in unfamiliar areas, and this can
increase the risk of accidents. Drivers who are unfamiliar with the roads may make
mistakes or misjudge turns and intersections.
- Vehicle maintenance: Poorly maintained vehicles are more likely to break down or
have mechanical issues, which can lead to accidents. CDL drivers and their employers
have a responsibility to ensure that their vehicles are properly maintained.
As these examples indicate, sometimes, CDL accidents are the result of negligence. If you’ve
been involved in such an accident, review your case with a Beaver County CDL accident
attorney to learn more about your potential legal options.
How a Beaver County CDL Accident Attorney Can Help
Hiring a qualified lawyer is wise when seeking compensation after a CDL accident in Beaver
County. A lawyer can assist you by:
- Reviewing your case to determine whether you’re eligible to receive compensation
- Investigating your accident to identify the liable parties
- Gathering and preserving evidence of negligence
- Adding up your compensable losses/damages to determine approximately how much
compensation your claim might be worth
- Handling all negotiations with the insurance company
- Going to court to pursue damages if necessary
At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, our Beaver County CDL accident lawyers thoroughly understand how being harmed in an accident involving a large commercial vehicle can significantly impact your quality of life. We can help ease some of your burdens in the aftermath by pursuing the compensation you may deserve. Learn more by contacting us online or calling us at 888-98-TWINS(89467).