Operating a large truck requires training, skill, and experience that is not required when driving a car . It is important that those with a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) be qualified to operate big trucks safely.
Truck drivers may cause crashes by negligent, distracted, or impaired driving. They also may be involved in collisions caused by the conduct of other people, including those responsible for designing, manufacturing, or maintaining their vehicles.
Victims injured in a wreck involving a large commercial vehicle in Pittsburgh typically sustain serious injuries.
Review your case with a Pittsburgh CDL accident attorney to learn how you may be entitled by law to receive financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A member of our team at Shenderovich, Shenderovich& Fishman will evaluate your case and inform you of your legal options.
COMMON CAUSES OF PITTSBURGH CDL ACCIDENTS
Someone with a CDL can make mistakes behind the wheel that result in serious accidents. A negligent commercial truck driver could harm others due to such factors as:
- Intoxication: Someone with a CDL may not legally operate a large commercial motor vehicle if their blood alcohol content (BAC) is 0.04 percent or higher in Pennsylvania. Sometimes accidents occur because truckers get behind the wheel when they are intoxicated. Additionally, some CDL drivers rely on energy drinks and supplements to help them stay alert. These supplements may have a negative impact on their ability to drive safely by causing agitation or other symptoms.
- Fatigue: Federal law governs the number of hours commercial truck drivers can be on the road before taking a break. However, reports from truckers indicate many continue driving for more hours than permitted by law. This is quite dangerous, as driving while drowsy has been shown to be as risky as driving while intoxicated.
- Distraction: Phones, radios, and GPS systems can all prevent a trucker from paying full attention to their surroundings. A distracted trucker may cause a serious accident.
HOW A PITTSBURGH CDL ACCIDENT ATTORNEY CAN HELP
If you have been injured in an accident caused by a commercial vehicle, you may be able to file an insurance claim or lawsuit to seek compensation for losses including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
Consult with our Pittsburgh CDL accident attorneys regarding the value of your claim . They can also help by:
- Identifying the parties responsible for causing your injuries
- Gathering evidence to prove your case
- Negotiating with an insurance company
For more information, schedule a case review with our team at Shenderovich, Shenderovich& Fishman. Get started today by contacting us online or calling us at 888-98-TWINS(89467).