- Factors Influencing the Severity of Dog Bite Injuries
- Tips for Avoiding Truck Accidents in Pennsylvania
- How Common Are Train Accidents In Pennsylvania?
- How to Perform a Basic Bicycle Safety Check
- State Farm Analysts: Pennsylvania Top State For Deer-Related Crashes
- Tenant Sues Pittsburgh Landlords Over Toxic Mold Exposure
- E-Scooter Accidents and Fatalities Rise as Pittsburgh Launches Its Pilot Program
- Signs You’re Too Tired to Drive
- Study Indicates Large Vehicles Put Pedestrian & Cyclists In Harm’s Way
- Expert Advice For Avoiding Dog Attacks
While it is not something we like to think about, are you sure the food products in your house are safe for you and your family?
According to this Fortune article, “Several new meat, poultry, and spice product recalls have been issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the US Food and Drug Administration, and the US Department of Agriculture in the last few days.”
Some of the items affected include the following:
- 6.5 million pounds of beef after an outbreak of salmonella
- Curry powder due to it being contaminated with lead
- Ready-to-eat meals that contain undeclared allergens
Many of the recalled products were sold here in Pennsylvania.
At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, we know that tainted food is only one way in which the products we use and consume cause us harm. Do you know what to do if your family hurt or becomes ill because of something you have purchased?
If you need a Pittsburgh product liability attorney, you can count on us to have your back and work to secure the compensation you deserve.
What Can Happen?
There are many ways in which a product can cause people harm. Let’s cover the three basic paths to a product liability case:
- The product was poorly designed, to begin with, leading it to cause harm to the consumer. This can include hard goods like vehicles, appliances, and furniture as well as things we consume or put on our bodies.
- Products can also have manufacturing defects that alter them from their original design. This can make the product unsafe for consumers.
- Labeling issues can be a major problem. Sometimes, dosages are labeled incorrectly on medications. Other times, allergens are left off of food labels. There are also times when companies fail to warn consumers of all hazards associated with their products.
A quick look at the government website that tracks current recalls will show you just how many products are faulty. These products can cause major illnesses or injuries.
If a person consumes a product that has an unlisted allergen, they could go into anaphylactic shock. If a dosage is labeled incorrectly, a person could overdose on a medication or not take enough, both of which could have health consequences.
If a vehicle fails because of a faulty part, a person could end up crashing their vehicle.
What Are Your Options?
If you think that a product you have purchased has caused harm to you or a family member, seek legal assistance immediately. Product liability cases can become incredibly complex, as major corporations have teams of attorneys dedicated to ensuring they pay little or no money in settlements. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, we will fight for you, making sure you are treated fairly. We want to make sure you receive compensation for all of your incident-related expenses when you need a Pittsburgh product liability attorney. You can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 888-98-TWINS(89467).