We live in a country full of distracted, careless and inconsiderate drivers. Car wrecks are common, and can lead to serious injuries and even death. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, our team is standing by to help when you need a Pittsburgh motor vehicle accident attorney. We have the resources, experience and legal expertise necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your claim in order to secure the maximum compensation possible.
Types of crashes that we help clients within Pittsburgh
The motor vehicle accident lawyers at Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman have extensive experience handling every type of motor vehicle crash in Pittsburgh and throughout Pennsylvania and West Virginia. We know how to navigate past the traps set by insurance companies and if necessary, how to obtain the maximum possible compensation for you in court. Some of the most common types of crashes that we handle for victims include:
- Car crashes
- Semi-truck accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Uber and Lyft crashes
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Hit and run crashes
- Drunk driving wrecks
- Distracted driving crashes
- …and more
Motor vehicle crashes can lead to severe injuries and fatalities
According to data from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, there were 125,267 total motor vehicle crashes across the Commonwealth during the latest reporting year. Out of these incidents, there were:
- 1,059 fatalities
- 4,680 suspected series injuries
- 35,539 suspected minor injuries
- 15,188 possible injuries
Thankfully, most vehicle crashes resulted in only minor injuries, but this is no consolation to those who lose a loved one or who sustained a severe injury as a result of a crash. For those who do survive severe accidents, our attorneys are available to help them seek compensation for the following types of injuries:
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Other severe back or neck injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Open head wounds
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Amputations or crush injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Severe scarring and disfigurement
Additionally, you may be entitled to recover compensation for significant emotional and psychological trauma suffered as a result of a crash.
What kind of compensation is available in a Pittsburgh motor vehicle accident?
If you were injured in an accident caused by another driver, your settlement may include compensation for the following:
- Medical bills – Medical bills related to your car accident injuries include bills for past treatment, ongoing treatment, and anticipated medical costs for future treatment.
- Property loss – Property loss in your car accident includes damage to both your vehicle and any other property inside of your vehicle that was damaged in the accident.
- Lost wages – If you missed work because of your car accident injuries, you may be compensated for any lost earnings.
- Lost future wages – If you are not able to return to work or if your earning capacity is diminished as a result of your injuries, you may be compensated for those lost future earnings as well.
- Pain and suffering – Your car accident injuries may go well beyond your financial losses to include compensation for the pain and suffering you endured and may still be dealing with as a result of your injuries and damages.
- Loss of enjoyment of life – You may also be able to recover from car accident injuries that have a detrimental impact on your lifestyle and that cause you to lose the ability to enjoy or participate in activities and the ordinary pleasures of life.
- Punitive damages – Punitive damages may be awarded when it can be shown that the defendant’s behavior was so outrageous or willful that it rose beyond the level of gross negligence. Punitive damages are meant to serve as punishment to the defendant for egregious conduct.
Call our Pittsburgh vehicle accident lawyer today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a vehicle accident caused by another driver’s negligence in Pittsburgh, contact the team at Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman for help with your case today. We pledge to conduct a complete investigation into the crash so we can obtain full compensation for your losses. When you need a Pittsburgh motor vehicle accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 888-988-9467.