Hundreds of drivers for rideshare companies Uber and Lyft travel the streets of Pittsburgh every day, transporting passengers from place to place. Crashes involving these vehicles occur every day. Do you know what happens if you, as a passenger or another driver, get into a wreck involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle?
The team at Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman is standing by to help if you need a Pittsburgh Uber or Lyft accident attorney. We have extensive experience handling complex car crash cases, and we understand the insurance implications of rideshare wrecks. Let us help secure full compensation for your losses.
Uber and Lyft accidents can lead to severe injuries
Accidents involving Uber or Lyft vehicles can lead to severe injuries, including the following:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Lacerations or puncture wounds
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other severe back and neck injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Open head wounds
Uber and Lyft insurance can be complicated
The vast majority of vehicle accident cases are resolved through settlements with insurance carriers. However, understanding how the insurance situation works after an Uber or Lyft accident is complicated. Both companies handle these incidents on a tiered basis depending on the status of the driver at the time the crash occurs:
- If an Uber or Lyft driver is not signed into the company app when they cause a crash, their personal insurance will be responsible for any damages to other parties.
- If an Uber or Lyft driver is signed into the company app but does not have a passenger, and if they are not on the way to pick a passenger up, their personal insurance carrier will still be primarily responsible for covering any damages to other parties. However, both rideshare companies provide limited coverage if the personal carrier limits are exhausted or if they deny the claim.
- If an Uber or Lyft driver has a passenger or is on the way to pick a passenger up when signed into the company app to work, both rideshare companies have a $1 million insurance policy to cover every party involved in the crash.
Call a Pittsburgh Uber and Lyft accident attorney today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle in Pittsburgh or the surrounding areas, contact the team at Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman for help today. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling these claims, and we understand what it takes to help you obtain compensation for your losses. This can include coverage of:
- All medical bills caused by the rideshare crash
- Lost income if you cannot work while recovering
- Property damage expenses
- General household out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
When you need a Pittsburgh Uber and Lyft accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 888-988-9467.