While more than half of all electrocution accidents occur in the construction industry, the other half accounts for home accidents involving electricity-powered items. Electrocution accidents are not a rarity nowadays, as Americans continue surrounding themselves with an increasing number of electrical devices, equipment, and appliances.

“Many people do not survive when their body sustains a powerful electrical shock, and the risk of being exposed to a high-voltage electrical source is higher than ever,” says our Pittsburgh electrocution accident attorney at Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman.

Both nonfatal and fatal electrocution accidents in the U.S. are rising by the year, and the vast majority of people have no idea how to pursue compensation for their damages and losses. After all, an electrocution accident can cause life-long suffering and result in permanent impairments and disability, all of which can translate to hundreds of thousands of millions of dollars in medical bills, loss of income, and other damages and losses.


A person is more likely to suffer serious injury or death when his or her body comes in contact with a high-voltage electrical source that was not properly grounded. Unfortunately, there are plenty of high-powered devices and equipment that can cause electrocution, and many of them are found in our homes.

These electrical sources include but are not limited to large and small appliances, wall outlets, microwaves, hair dryers, lamps, lights, chargers, and other electricity-powered items that were not properly grounded, manufactured or installed.


Fact: Electrocution is the third leading cause of death among construction workers (after falls from heights and being struck by falling objects).

Just because you are not a construction worker does not necessarily mean that there is no way you can get electrocuted or shocked by a high-voltage electrical source. In fact, our experienced electrocution accident attorney in Pittsburgh warns that there are plenty of electricity-powered devices and equipment both at work and home that can cause an electrocution accident.

Depending on the nature and circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover damages for your injury or the death of your loved one if the electrocution accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, carelessness, recklessness, wrongful act, or crime.


It is not uncommon for victims of electrocution accidents to require medical treatment and rehabilitation for the rest of their life in order to survive. However, not all electrocution survivors require life-long medical treatment. The severity of electrocution and resulting injuries depends on:

  • The voltage
  • The length of time the victim was exposed to the current
  • Presence of conductive moisture in the environment or on the victim’s body
  • The victim’s heart cycle during the accident, and
  • The pathway for the current.

Electrical shock and electrocution have a tremendous effect on the victim’s body. Exposure to a high-voltage electrical source can cause not only burn injuries, but also affect the cardiovascular system, central nervous system, respiratory system, and musculoskeletal system.

Impairments of vital functions, organ failure, cardiovascular problems, and neurological issues are some of the most common consequences after an electrocution accident. Has your electrocution been caused by someone else’s fault? Get a free consultation from our personal injury lawyers at Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman to find out today. Call our offices at 888-988-9467 to determine liability in your particular case.

How Can We Help You? Contact Us For A Free Consultation