- How to Perform a Basic Bicycle Safety Check
- State Farm Analysts: Pennsylvania Top State For Deer-Related Crashes
- Tenant Sues Pittsburgh Landlords Over Toxic Mold Exposure
- E-Scooter Accidents and Fatalities Rise as Pittsburgh Launches Its Pilot Program
- Signs You’re Too Tired to Drive
- Study Indicates Large Vehicles Put Pedestrian & Cyclists In Harm’s Way
- Expert Advice For Avoiding Dog Attacks
- 3 Essential Steps to Take After a Slip & Fall Accident
- How to Avoid Being Injured in a Drunk Driving Accident
- Symptoms of a Concussion: What You Need to Know
Last week a woman was killed in nearby Baldwin when her vehicle drifted into oncoming traffic. Police were called to the intersection of Streets Run Road and Whitehill Prospect Road on December 9 at around 8 p.m. When they arrived, they saw a scene of carnage.
Police say that Chryse Heuler, 59, was in her Cadillac sedan when she lost control and crossed the center line. A Jeep was heading for her but was able to take evasive action to avoid a worse collision. The impact injured a 42-year-old male and three children in the Jeep. Heuler was taken to the hospital where she succumbed to her injuries. It is believed that alcohol and weather contributed to Heuler losing control of her vehicle.
At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, we know that drunk driving is just one common cause of accidents in and around the city. If you need an auto accident attorney pittsburgh, you can turn to our team for help.
What Can Happen?
We need to dig into the statistics from the latest reporting year in Pennsylvania to get a better understanding of the problems faced by drivers across the area:
- 128,188 collisions were reported
- There were 80,612 injuries
- There were 1,137 fatalities
One number that concerns us is the fact that there were 4,227 serious injuries reported. Consider the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Head and brain trauma
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Whiplash injuries
The cost of these injuries can become tremendous, both physically and financially. Not only do victims of these injuries require immediate medical care, they often need extended rehabilitation to make a full recovery. If a person is disabled and in need of lifelong care, who will cover the costs?
There are also many hidden costs associated with car accidents that most people do not think of when an accident occurs. This can include:
- Loss of income of the person injured
- The time required to care for an injured family member
- Emotional trauma associated with the accident
Why They Happen
We can pinpoint the cause of many accidents on careless and negligent driving behavior. This can include:
- Distracted drivers spend more time looking at their phone screens than watching the roadway.
- Drunk drivers endanger everyone on and around the roadway when they choose to get behind the wheel.
- Aggressive and speeding drivers are the main cause of vehicle accidents in the state.
What You Can Do
If you or a loved one have been injured in a vehicle accident that was caused by another person’s negligence, you need to seek legal assistance immediately. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, our qualified and experienced personal injury team is ready to help you get the compensation you need in the aftermath of an accident. This can include:
- Coverage for medical bills
- Lost income if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages