- How to Perform a Basic Bicycle Safety Check
- State Farm Analysts: Pennsylvania Top State For Deer-Related Crashes
- Tenant Sues Pittsburgh Landlords Over Toxic Mold Exposure
- E-Scooter Accidents and Fatalities Rise as Pittsburgh Launches Its Pilot Program
- Signs You’re Too Tired to Drive
- Study Indicates Large Vehicles Put Pedestrian & Cyclists In Harm’s Way
- Expert Advice For Avoiding Dog Attacks
- 3 Essential Steps to Take After a Slip & Fall Accident
- How to Avoid Being Injured in a Drunk Driving Accident
- Symptoms of a Concussion: What You Need to Know
The last thing you want to think about when you buy some candy for you and your family to eat is that you might be eating something that could cause you to get a disease. Unfortunately, that is a possibility. The FDA has said there is a recall for Bauer’s Candies Modjeskas because they may be contaminated with Hepatitis A. These individually wrapped marshmallow candies apparently came into contact with a worker at the facility who tested positive for the disease. The FDA is saying that any of these candies bought after November 14 should be thrown away.
That was quite a while ago and we are sure most people have already eaten theirs. The company and the FDA say that there have been no reports of anyone getting Hepatitis A due to eating the candies but they point out that the disease has a long incubation period.
At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, we wish we could tell you that product recalls were rare, but they are quite common and those are just the faulty products we know about. If you need a Pittsburgh product liability attorney, you can count on us to recover the compensation you deserve.
Recalls Happen All The Time
Let’s go right to the government recall site. If you take a quick look, you will see that it is not just foods and candies that get recalled. No, faulty products exist in every industry. Considering that we each use hundreds, maybe thousands, of products each day, we need to be sure that they are all safe.
We always see major malfunctions on the nightly news – the vehicles that catch on fire and the toys that explode. But we never really think it can happen to us.
How This Happens
If you look at the three basic ways in which these cases arise, it becomes clear just how easily faulty products slip through the cracks. There are just so many ways something can go wrong.
- A poorly designed product may make it to the market and cause serious problems.
- A product with a manufacturing error, which the above case could be classified as can be just as dangerous.
- Labeling problems are an entirely different matter. Even if nothing is wrong with the actual product, we rely on labels for ingredients, hazard notifications, dosages, preparation instructions, and more.
Moving Forward From Here
We know that the last thing you expected to be dealing with was an injury due to a product you used or consumed. At
Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, you can count on our qualified and experienced team to work diligently on your behalf. We know that these incidents can have devastating consequences both physically and financially, so we will work to secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Money for lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages