- How to Perform a Basic Bicycle Safety Check
- State Farm Analysts: Pennsylvania Top State For Deer-Related Crashes
- Tenant Sues Pittsburgh Landlords Over Toxic Mold Exposure
- E-Scooter Accidents and Fatalities Rise as Pittsburgh Launches Its Pilot Program
- Signs You’re Too Tired to Drive
- Study Indicates Large Vehicles Put Pedestrian & Cyclists In Harm’s Way
- Expert Advice For Avoiding Dog Attacks
- 3 Essential Steps to Take After a Slip & Fall Accident
- How to Avoid Being Injured in a Drunk Driving Accident
- Symptoms of a Concussion: What You Need to Know
We have learned that an accident that happened on February 7 on Franktown Road was caused by a possibly impaired driver. Allegheny County Police say that a 48-year-old man was traveling eastbound in his pickup truck when he crossed the center line and slammed into a Nissan SUV.
The driver of the Nissan was taken to the hospital but later died from his injuries. The investigation is ongoing and police do believe the driver of the pickup was impaired. He was also injured but was in stable condition.
At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, we know that the last thing you expect is for an impaired or negligent driver to cause you or a loved one harm. If you need a car accident attorney Pittsburgh PA, call us today so we can work on securing the compensation you need.
What Can Happen?
When we see these stories, ones in which another life has been lost due to impaired driving, it is hard not to think of it as routine. We cannot think like that. Drunk and drugged driving kills far too many people in Pennsylvania each year and that needs to change.
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation gives us some alarming numbers for the latest reporting year:
- There were 10,346 alcohol-related crashes
- These represented 26% of all vehicle crash fatalities
- They killed 293 people
- They injured almost 5,000 people
Impaired drivers are dangerous for everyone in and around the roadway, not just those riding in regular passenger vehicles. Also at risk are motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians anywhere near the roadway.
Drunk driving accidents can cause severe injuries, including:
- Spinal cord trauma
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- And more
Most people only think of medical costs when it comes to accidents. Yes, these can be tremendous, but there are also hidden costs that many people, including insurance companies, do not consider. This can include:
- Lost income and benefits if a person cannot work due to their injuries
- Emotional and psychological trauma due to the accident
- Home and vehicle accommodations for mobility
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Drunk and drugged driving is deadly, but they are not the only cause of injuries on the roadway. Speeding is still the number one cause of accidents and we always need to be aware of the growing problem of distracted driving.
What Are Your Options?
If you or a loved one have been injured in a vehicle crash that someone else caused, you should speak with an attorney. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, we know how notoriously difficult it can be to deal with insurance companies and other parties in the aftermath of a crash. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you need for all of your accident-related expenses. This can include coverage for:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- And more