- Factors Influencing the Severity of Dog Bite Injuries
- Tips for Avoiding Truck Accidents in Pennsylvania
- How Common Are Train Accidents In Pennsylvania?
- How to Perform a Basic Bicycle Safety Check
- State Farm Analysts: Pennsylvania Top State For Deer-Related Crashes
- Tenant Sues Pittsburgh Landlords Over Toxic Mold Exposure
- E-Scooter Accidents and Fatalities Rise as Pittsburgh Launches Its Pilot Program
- Signs You’re Too Tired to Drive
- Study Indicates Large Vehicles Put Pedestrian & Cyclists In Harm’s Way
- Expert Advice For Avoiding Dog Attacks
We are learning that two construction workers were injured on a Sunoco Logistics pipeline about 20 miles away from Pittsburgh. What we know so far is that one male and one female worker were pulling a piece of equipment, called a pig, through a section of pipeline under a road when that equipment struck and injured them. The “pig” is a device used to clean the inside of pipelines.
The female worker was treated and released while the male worker is still hospitalized with a broken arm.
At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, we know that construction accidents are scary. While workers do what they can to remain safe, sometimes the negligence of others ends up causing them harm. When you need a Pittsburgh construction accident attorney, you can turn to our team to help secure the compensation you deserve.
The Industry Dangers
The Construction industry is vital to the strength of our country. The men and women who work in construction are the ones who keep our infrastructure strong, our houses sturdy, and our businesses open. We know that there are risks faced by those who work in construction, more so than in most other industries.
The “Fatal Four” in construction work, as documented by OSHA, shows us that the most common causes of fatalities are:
- Falls (38.7%)
- Getting struck by an object (9.4%)
- Electrocutions (8.3%)
- Getting caught in between objects (7.3%)
We also know that there are many nonfatal injuries that happen in the construction industry, and these are the ones that can saddle victims and families with expenses beyond medical bills. Some of the catastrophic injuries that can occur are:
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Broken or Dislocated Bones
- Hearing and Vision Loss
- Respiratory Problems
You will notice that some of those injuries occur due to an obvious traumatic even, like a fall or vehicle accident. Others, like hearing loss and respiratory problems, are more likely to occur over a long period of time after prolonged exposure to toxins or hazardous working conditions.
Construction companies have a responsibility to ensure employees have a safe working environment. This includes:
- Providing the proper equipment needed for the job (safety equipment, proper clothing, correct and working tools, etc.)
- Providing adequate safety training for all equipment and work that an employee will be tasked with.
What You Can Do Now
If you or a loved one have been injured in a construction accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, you can count on having a knowledgeable and experienced Pittsburgh construction accident attorney by your side who will fight to secure compensation for the following:
- Your medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages
- Loss of wages
We know that there are times when workers’ compensation denies a legitimate claim or does not pay what you deserve. When you need a Pittsburgh construction accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 888-98-TWINS(89467).