- How to Perform a Basic Bicycle Safety Check
- State Farm Analysts: Pennsylvania Top State For Deer-Related Crashes
- Tenant Sues Pittsburgh Landlords Over Toxic Mold Exposure
- E-Scooter Accidents and Fatalities Rise as Pittsburgh Launches Its Pilot Program
- Signs You’re Too Tired to Drive
- Study Indicates Large Vehicles Put Pedestrian & Cyclists In Harm’s Way
- Expert Advice For Avoiding Dog Attacks
- 3 Essential Steps to Take After a Slip & Fall Accident
- How to Avoid Being Injured in a Drunk Driving Accident
- Symptoms of a Concussion: What You Need to Know
When you go to the store and get your kids a toy, the last thing you should have to worry about is hidden dangers that could cause injuries or even death. We know that you take steps to keep your kids safe, but what happens when a company releases a defective product? Today, we want to discuss this scenario by bringing you a recent recall story.
At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, we are here when you need a faulty product liability attorney in Pittsburgh. Our qualified and experienced team will investigate your case so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
What Is Happening Now?
We are learning that Target is recalling nearly half a million wooden toy vehicles due to a choking hazard posed by small wheels that can become detached.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall on April 23 and it covers the “Bullseye’s Playground” wooden toy vehicles that were sold from October 2018 through November 2018 at Target stores and through their website.
So far, there have been four reports of wheels detaching. No injuries have been reported to authorities as of this reporting. The CPSC is asking that the recalled toys be immediately taken away from children.
Defective Products Happen
We have often discussed the detrimental effects that defective products can have on consumers. If you look at the website that tracks all current recalls in the United States, you will see that there are products under recall in all industries. This includes automotive, furniture, appliances, toys, medications, medical devices, foods, beverages, and more.
Faulty products can cause major injuries and illnesses to consumers. In many cases, the full effects of these injuries and illnesses are not known or fully understood until years after a product has been on the market.
Defective products generally happen in one of three ways:
- They have an issue with labeling that misleads consumers. This can include missing or incomplete instructions, hazards and warnings not being present, incorrect dosages, or incorrect ingredient lists.
- Products can have a poor design that makes them harmful to consumers.
- Products can experience an error during the manufacturing process that alters their design and renders them harmful for consumers.
While many defective products are recalled, alerting consumers to dangers, others are not and can continue to cause injuries and illnesses.
Moving Forward From Here
If you or a loved one have been harmed due to a faulty product malfunctioning, you need to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, you can count on having a team by your side that understands this area of law. We will work diligently to secure the compensation you deserve, including:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer