- Factors Influencing the Severity of Dog Bite Injuries
- Tips for Avoiding Truck Accidents in Pennsylvania
- How Common Are Train Accidents In Pennsylvania?
- How to Perform a Basic Bicycle Safety Check
- State Farm Analysts: Pennsylvania Top State For Deer-Related Crashes
- Tenant Sues Pittsburgh Landlords Over Toxic Mold Exposure
- E-Scooter Accidents and Fatalities Rise as Pittsburgh Launches Its Pilot Program
- Signs You’re Too Tired to Drive
- Study Indicates Large Vehicles Put Pedestrian & Cyclists In Harm’s Way
- Expert Advice For Avoiding Dog Attacks
One of the most anticipated activities for many families each year is shooting off fireworks on the Fourth of July. While you know there are risks associated with fireworks, you never expect to need a Pittsburgh product liability attorney. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, our qualified and experienced team is ready to take your case if you or a loved one has been injured due to a defective product. Today, we want to talk about some fireworks that were overloaded with dangerous explosives.
The Explosive Exploding Fireworks
Fireworks are supposed to explode, but in a controlled way that will not harm consumers. However, a fireworks distributor in Pennsylvania and two other states recently recalled 1,700 explosives that they say were “overloaded with pyrotechnics” and were potentially hazardous for consumers.
A notice from the Consumer Product Safety Board announced on June 26 that Keystone Fireworks recalled its “G-Force Artillery Shell” fireworks.
“The recalled fireworks are overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating federal regulatory requirements for this product,” the CPSB said in a statement. They went on to say that this could result in larger than expected explosions and potentially burn those who use them.
The fireworks in question were manufactured in China but sold in seven Pennsylvania locations from November 2018 to May 2019.
Product Recalls Are Common
If we look at the website that keeps track of all recalls in the US, we see that no industry is safe from defective products. Whether it is automobiles and boats or cosmetic and baby food, you can be sure there is a recall in place.
We know that products can become defective in a number of ways. This can include design flaws that are not discovered when a product is being tested or inspected. Defects can also result from an error during manufacturing.
One of the most common problems arises when it comes to a product’s label. Even perfectly safe products can become harmful if consumers do not have the proper information, including:
- A list of ingredients
- Possible allergens
- Side effect or hazard warnings
- Proper use instructions
- Proper dosages
- And more
We must be vigilant when it comes to the items we bring home for ourselves and our families. Injuries and illnesses caused by defective products can cost us, both economically and emotionally.
What We Will Do For Your Case
If you or someone you care about has been injured due to a defective product, you need to secure an attorney immediately. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, you can count on our team to be your advocate. We will investigate all aspects of what happened so we can secure the compensation you truly deserve. This can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer
If you need a Pittsburgh product liability lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 888-988-9467.