- How to Perform a Basic Bicycle Safety Check
- State Farm Analysts: Pennsylvania Top State For Deer-Related Crashes
- Tenant Sues Pittsburgh Landlords Over Toxic Mold Exposure
- E-Scooter Accidents and Fatalities Rise as Pittsburgh Launches Its Pilot Program
- Signs You’re Too Tired to Drive
- Study Indicates Large Vehicles Put Pedestrian & Cyclists In Harm’s Way
- Expert Advice For Avoiding Dog Attacks
- 3 Essential Steps to Take After a Slip & Fall Accident
- How to Avoid Being Injured in a Drunk Driving Accident
- Symptoms of a Concussion: What You Need to Know
When word of Kevin Hart’s horrific crash began to spread in September, residents here watched closely. Although his accident happened in California, Kevin Hart is originally from Philadelphia. The actor and comedian have charmed Americans for years, but this crash nearly took his life.
At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, we want to discuss the Kevin Hart crash and how it relates to vehicle safety. Our car accident attorneys are here to help if you are injured in a car accident caused by another person’s negligence.
What Happened In Kevin Hart’s Crash?
In September, Kevin Hart was one of three people injured in a car crash in Calabasas, CA. According to the California Highway Patrol, Kevin Hart was the passenger and owner of the vehicle. He sustained serious injuries and was transported to the hospital. Driver Jared Black was also taken to the hospital for a back injury. Another person in the vehicle, Black’s fiancée Rebecca Broxterman, did not suffer any major injuries.
The three were traveling down the highway in a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda owned by Hart. The California Highway Patrol said that Black was driving at the time and was turning onto Mulholland Highway when he accelerated in lost control of the vehicle. The Plymouth ended up careening down an embankment and slammed into a tree.
As of this writing, Kevin Hart is still recovering from major back injuries as a result of the crash. In an Instagram post, he said that “I was involved in an accident. My world was forever changed.”
Car Accidents Are Common In And Around Philadelphia
Car accidents can happen to anybody. When we look at the latest reporting year of data from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, we can see that there were more than 128,000 total car accidents. Out of those incidents, 1,190 people died, and 78,219 sustained injuries.
The car accident attorneys at Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman regularly help clients who have suffered severe injuries caused by other drivers’ negligence, including:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Compensation for all medical bills related to the crash
- Coverage of lost wages if you cannot work
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent party
Vehicle accident victims often incur tremendous medical expenses as well as other hidden costs associated with car accidents.
Let Us Help You After A Crash
If you or somebody you care about is injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should seek legal assistance immediately. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, our qualified and experienced team will work to secure the compensation you deserve, which can include:
It does not matter whether you or a famous actor like Kevin Hart or anyone else. We are all at risk of being injured in car accidents. When you need a car accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 888-988-9467.