- Factors Influencing the Severity of Dog Bite Injuries
- Tips for Avoiding Truck Accidents in Pennsylvania
- How Common Are Train Accidents In Pennsylvania?
- How to Perform a Basic Bicycle Safety Check
- State Farm Analysts: Pennsylvania Top State For Deer-Related Crashes
- Tenant Sues Pittsburgh Landlords Over Toxic Mold Exposure
- E-Scooter Accidents and Fatalities Rise as Pittsburgh Launches Its Pilot Program
- Signs You’re Too Tired to Drive
- Study Indicates Large Vehicles Put Pedestrian & Cyclists In Harm’s Way
- Expert Advice For Avoiding Dog Attacks
There are some very dangerous roads in and around the Pittsburgh area. Not only are they dangerous for those inside vehicles, but many roads are particularly deadly for pedestrians. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, our qualified and experienced team is ready to help if you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian incident caused by another person. Let our Pittsburgh pedestrian accident attorneys get to work on your case today.
The Situation On Chateau Street
Residents who live on Chateau Street and in the Manchester neighborhood describe the area as the Indy 500 Speedway. That is not a good thing, and it is certainly deadly for pedestrians. Numerous accidents in fatalities have happened in this area of the roadway and residents are urging the city to find a solution.
The speed limit on Chateau Street is marked as 35 mph. However, residents say that it is not uncommon for people to drive well over 50 and 60 mph on the street. Now, after months of planning, the city of Pittsburgh is ready to take steps to make the area safer. The city presented a safety concept to the Manchester Citizens Corporation that included steps such as narrowing lanes, eliminating lanes, installing an electronic pedestrian crossing side, and improving lighting.
Pittsburgh, And Pennsylvania, Are Dangerous For Pedestrians
When we look at data provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, we can see that pedestrian accidents are particularly dangerous. During the latest reporting year of data we have available, we can see that there were 4,129 total pedestrian accidents. Out of these, 201 people were killed, and 4,090 people were injured. Nearly every pedestrian accident results in an injury or fatality in Pennsylvania.
It is not uncommon for our Pittsburgh pedestrian accident lawyers to help clients who have sustained the following:
- Spinal cord trauma (possible paralysis)
- Head injuries/traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or road rash
The human body is no match for a vehicle that weighs thousands of pounds slamming into it. Unfortunately, the careless or negligent actions of drivers often lead to pedestrians being struck. High-speed incidents are particularly deadly for pedestrians.
Let Us Get To Work On Your Case Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a pedestrian accident that was caused by another person’s careless or negligent actions, seek legal assistance today. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, we are dedicated to helping survivors, or families of those killed, secure compensation for what happened. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Wrongful death benefits for surviving family members
When you need a Pittsburgh pedestrian accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 888-988-9467. We will be dedicated to your case so you can move forward during this hard time.