Posted By: SSF Law Firm Posted In: Car Accident Posted On: May 17, 2021
As the weather heats up, more people are getting on the open road for vacations. With this boost in traffic, automobile accident rates soar in the summer. It is not just the increased traffic that increases the dangers. Risks can come from just about any time and anywhere.
It is important to stay alert and remain cautious while driving. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motor vehicle accident and needs someone on your side who can make a difference, contact the skilled Pittsburgh distracted driver accident lawyers of Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman P.C.
1) Sun Glare—All drivers have experienced it at one time or another. You are driving along, make a turn, and are nearly blinded by the sun’s glare. Unfortunately, sun glare is a cause of many accidents. The risk increases at dawn and dusk when the sun is lower. To reduce the risks:
2) Increased Rainfall—spring and summer bring rain showers and thunderstorms. All motorists should be aware of aquaplaning or losing control in slick conditions. Motorists should check the weather before traveling and use a GPS system which notes:
3) Summer Breakdowns—Breakdowns can occur at any time, but the summer increases the risk of tire damage and blowouts due to the hot weather and road surfaces. Overheating engines are also problematic in the warmer months. In addition, the increased use of air conditioning in hot conditions increases the possibility of cooling system problems. Has your car checked at the beginning of the season to reduce the chance of a breakdown?
4) Inexperienced Drivers—The period between Memorial Day and Labor Day sees the highest number of accidents involving teenager drivers, usually coinciding with their summer vacations. As you might expect, an increase in inexperienced drivers results in more accidents. Staying alert and aware of other drivers around you is the key to staying safe.
5) Driver Fatigue—As families travel across the country, fatigue goes hand in hand with driving long distances. To reduce the levels of fatigue, take regular breaks where you can stretch your legs and grab a coffee. Do not try to push through exhaustion, pull over in a safe place to rest before continuing.
6) Increased Construction and Road Work—Cities tend to complete significant construction work in warmer weather. This can cause traffic to build up or create long diversions to redirect traffic. The confusing conditions can lead to an increase in collisions. Always look out for signage regarding reduced speed limits, lane closures, and diversions.
It only takes a second of confusion or negligence to change the whole perspective of a vacation. If your plans have changed due to an automobile accident, do not hesitate to contact the Pittsburgh distracted driver accident attorneys of Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman P.C. for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 888-988-9467.
Make an appointment at our Pittsburgh office for your free consultation. We are confident that you will trust us with your legal needs and fight for what you deserve. We do not charge a fee for personally consulting with you. In every new case, our fee is only 25%. There is no fee unless recovery is made. We invite you to review the significant Pittsburgh, PA personal injury cases we have won.