If you or someone you care about is injured due to the careless or reckless actions of another person, business, or entity, you will need to know what to do. You will undoubtedly have expenses that arise due to the injury.
How will you get the compensation you deserve?
Today, the Pittsburgh premises liability lawyers at Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman want to talk about why may need an attorney to help with these cases.
HOW WILL AN ATTORNEY HELP A PREMISES LIABILITY CASE IN PITTSBURGH?
These cases can become incredibly complicated, and you can be sure the other side (the defendant) will have their own legal team and insurance companies to back them up. Their goal will be to pay as little as possible in any settlement amount. They will even go as far as blaming you for your own injury.
Your attorney has the knowledge and experience necessary to handle all aspects of these cases. They will:
- Gather all evidence needed: This includes video surveillance, photographs of the scene, eyewitness accounts, property safety records, etc.
- Obtain your medical records: Your medical records will be valuable tools to prove that your suffered losses. Your attorney will ensure trusted medical professionals evaluate your medical records.
- Calculate your total losses: With the help of medical and economic experts, your attorney will properly calculate your total economic and non-economic losses.
- Handle all negotiations: All communications and negotiations will happen between your attorney and the other parties involved.
- Prepare for trial if necessary: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, your attorney will be prepared to take your case to trial.
As you can see, personal injury cases take time to prepare and litigate. An attorney will have the expertise and resources to properly handle the case and go up against any opponent, regardless of their resources.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON PREMISES LIABILITY CASES?
There are various ways that premise liability cases arise. Property owners have a duty to ensure that those who have a right to be on their property are reasonably safe from harm.
Slip and fall/trip and fall incidents are the most common type of premises liability cases. According to the National Floor Safety Institute, more than one million people go to the hospital each year due to slip and fall injuries.
However, these are not the only types of premises liability cases. Others include incidents that result from:
- Poor property maintenance
- Swimming pool and hot tub incidents
- Inadequate security
- And more
WHAT KIND OF COMPENSATION IS AVAILABLE?
If you or someone you love gets injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a property owner, please seek legal assistance today. At Shenderovich, Shenderovich & Fishman, our qualified and experienced team is ready to get to work on securing the compensation you deserve, including:
- Coverage of your medical bills related to the incident
- Compensation for lost income if you cannot work
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the property owner
If you need a Pittsburgh premises liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 888-988-9467.